Today was a coffee cake day. It’s summer and we are in lazy mode. :p What is better for brunch than an orange juice coffee cake?! Nothing.
Light and refreshing this is a great treat for brunch or tea!
Orange Juice Coffee Cake
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter and 1/4 cup olive oil (this combo makes it very light, use all butter for a slightly denser cake)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice (approximately 1 orange)
- 1 egg
- zest of one orange (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C) and grease a loaf pan or 12 muffin tin
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together butter, oil, and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Whisk in egg, orange juice, milk, and zest until fully combined.
- Gently stir in dry ingredients. Careful not to over mix.
- Pour into greased loaf pan/muffin tin. Fill muffins 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Muffins will be done. Cover loaf pan so as not to burn the top and bake for 15 minutes more.