This morning I got a request for a casserole. They are John’s favorite things. I thought “hmmm… what sounds good at this moment?” The answer: Chicken Caesar Salad sounded delish. So I decided to adapt a casserole to fit my wish for Chicken Caesar Salad. 🙂 Here it is!
Chicken Caesar Casserole
- 3 chicken breast, diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 head of broccoli. cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbs Creamy Caesar dressing
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put rice on to cook.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Boil 4 cups of heavily salted water. Add broccoli stalk pieces while bringing to a boil. Once boiling add in florets and cook for 4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and cook chicken in frying pan with 1/4 cup water until done. Drain and return to pan.
- In a small sauce pan heat milk and Caesar dressing together until simmering. Add in 1/2 cup cheese and stir until melted.
- Mix rice, chicken and broccoli together and pour sauce over. Gently toss to make sure the sauce is evenly incorporated.
- Pour into a casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is golden.