There are days when I just need chocolate. Today is one of those days. So I adapted my favorite bread recipe, which I have posted before, to meet my chocolate requirement 😀 and here we are now. It is delicious with orange marmalade and scrambled eggs!
Chocolate Miracle Bread
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup caco powder
- 1/4 cup sugar or honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 rounded tbs instant yeast
- 1 1/2 tbs oil
- 1 cup hot tap water (not boiling)
- Mix all dry ingredients together. Add oil and water.
- Mix briefly and check consistency. If dough is dry, add water, if sticky, add flour. It is best on the sticky side.
- Mix for 5 minutes.
- Grease bread pan. Shape loaf. Place in pan. Sprinkle with a dash of sugar. Cover and let rise for 25 minutes.
- Bake at 350F for 25 minutes.
- Serve warm with orange marmalade!