Some days just call for fruit and since John can’t have apples anything that calls for them I just use pears instead. This last week Tesco had beautiful pears so I jumped in and bought many many pears! When I came back from the store I went straight to Pinterest to see what I wanted to make. I decided I wanted something that was not terribly sweet and could be a breakfast as well. This recipe was inspired by a gluten free, no-sugar added recipe from SugarFreeMom. The recipe is wonderful and so I just adapted it to what I had in my pantry.
Pear Dump Cake
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, cooled
- 4 cups Rocha pears, peeled, corred, and sliced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl whisk the flour, sugar, cinnamon and baking soda together.
- Whisk in eggs and butter until combined.
- Stir in the pears until coated.
- Spread mixture into a greased 9 by 13 baking dish.
- Bake for 45- 50 minutes.