This tasty noodle pudding is a favorite of ours. My mama has made a different kugel recipe my whole life, but I didn’t bring it with us to York so I just winged it. John was happy with how it turned out.
Noodle Kugel is delicious with fried apples and sausage. Perfect for a cozy night.
- 16 oz wide egg noodles
- 6 tbs salted butter
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 oz shredded cheese (cheddar works well)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9×11 glass casserole dish.
- Cook noodles according to package. Drain and return to pot. Add butter and melt.
- Pour noodles into greased dish.
- In a large bowl mix sugar and eggs together. Beating in two eggs in at a time until all combined.
- Add milk and cream.
- Beat in cream cheese, cinnamon,vanilla, and shredded cheese.
- Pour liquid over noodles in the pan.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350F. May need to be covered half way through to insure noodles on top do not burn. Look for tiny bubbles all the way on bottom to insure it is cooked through.
- Cool briefly and serve.