There are some days when I just need a little something sweet after a meal. I don’t want cake or ice cream, but I want sweet. The other day I wanted sweet and came across this recipe for the simplest cookies I have ever made. There are 3 ingredients. The cookies were divine :)) They are the little black dress of the cookie family. You can make them for anything and they are classic. Decorate them with jam, nuts, sprinkles, chocolate chips. Anything!
Tasty Little Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup and 1 tbs sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Decorate with anything really! We really like orange marmalade on ours.
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter in a large mixing bowl until it turns white, about 1 minute. Add the sugar and continue to beat for about five minutes, until very smooth and creamy.
- Slowly work in the flour with a spatula. The dough will be really soft.
- Take walnut-sized pieces of dough and roll them into balls, then flatten slightly. Place them on the baking sheet three inches apart (the cookies will spread a bit). Make a dent in the center with your finger and place your decoration, if using one, into the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 12 to 18 minutes, until just barely beginning to get golden around the edges.
- Cool cookies on the sheets for 10 minutes, then move them to a rack to cool completely.
Borrowed from A Cup of Jo