Magic Bread is my go to bread these days. It has little rising time and turns out perfectly when you are in a rush and need a quick loaf. That is why its MAGIC :))) 1 hour start to finish. It can be turned into a sweet bread full of nuts and berries and chocolate or savory by adding chicken and spices. Its my go to bread.
On one particular night we were hungry for something warm and cuddly, so this recipe happened.
- 5 1/4-1/2 cups white bread flour
- 1/4 cup sugar or honey
- 1/2 tbs salt
- 1 1/2 rounded tbs instant yeast
- 3 tbs vegetable oil
- 2 cups hot tap water, not boiling
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add oil and water.
- Mix briefly. If dough is dry, add water, if very sticky, add flour. Its best on the sticky side.
- mix for 5 minutes, grease bread pans. Shape loaves. Place in pans.
- Cover and let rise for 25 minutes.
- Bake at 350F (175C) for 25 minutes.
NOTE: I tend towards baking longer than stated, but that might just be my oven.
The stuffing of the bread is even easier than the bread!
I only stuffed one loaf and baked the other one just to have.
I did not use a pan for the stuffed version. I just shaped the loaf on a baking sheet and let rise. Right after the bread has risen, flatten into a square. Along the center of the square place filling. I filled ours with sliced chicken and some shredded cheese. Fold the side of the loaf over to meet in the middle and seal ends. Place back on baking sheet seam down and bake 45 minutes. Because of the filling the bake time is longer. Enjoy!
I served ours with garlic butter and mustard. It tasted like a picnic.