We had out first flurry of snowish like precipitation today and so I need something cozy tonight. This is a wonderfully easy dish that hits the spot every time. I really like it because you can tweak it to be gluten free by using cornstarch and your preferred gluten free pasta. As for the dairy, coconut oil works wonderfully instead of the butter 🙂
Chicken and Pea Pasta
- 8 oz spaghetti noodles
- 1 cup Mrs Kearin’s Roast Chicken, shredded
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 1/2 tbs all-purpose flour or cornstarch
- pinch each salt and pepper
- Cook pasta as directed on its package.
- While pasta cooks, in a non stick skillet add olive oil and frozen peas and cook over medium high heat for 3-5 mins until peas are beginning to cook. Add the chicken and sauté until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan melt butter. Add flour and whisk into butter until a light golden brown. Pour in milk, whisking thoroughly so as to not leave lumps.
- Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chicken and peas to the sauce and simmer until noodles are done.
- Drain noodles.
- Serve immediately and Enjoy!